Since his admission into the legal profession in early 2015, Matt, a graduate from Bond University with a commercial law specialisation, has practised primarily in commercial and employment law in firms situated on the Gold Coast.
Matt regularly advises clients situated all over the country in the following areas:
1. corporate/commercial law, including advising clients in connection with share sales, shareholder agreements, corporate governance and general business transactions;
2. employment law, including preparing employment contracts, enterprise agreements and policies and procedures and advising clients in connection with unfair dismissal, general protections and discrimination laws;
3. sports law, advising clients in relation to a wide range of sports-related matters, including the structure and terms of sponsorship agreements as well as intellectual property licensing transactions; and
4. commercial litigation, including advising clients in connection with claims relating to shareholder oppression, debt recovery, lease disputes, breaches of confidentiality obligations and other general commercial disputes.
Matt was formerly a member of the Brisbane Broncos’ Elite Performance Unit before a career-ending spinal injury was sustained in 2009. Keen to maintain an involvement in sport, Matt is currently a member of:
1. Queensland Rugby League Disciplinary Tribunal;
2. Football Queensland Appeals Tribunal; and
3. National Sports Tribunal Legal Assistance Panel.
Matt prides himself on providing a personalised and efficient service to clients as well as ensuring that his clients’ objectives are met in the most efficient, effective and commercial manner possible.